Powered by Favuseal
Fire barrier system for protecting a single cable, or a bundle of cables, commercially known as Favuseal Wrap-On:Cable
Favuseal Wrap-On:Cable contains Favuseal NKX- 6174, which is a thermoplastic compound containing inorganic ﬁllers in a binder composed of an ethylene copolymer. Supplied in a pellet form, the compounds may be processed by extrusion, compression molding or injection molding. It can be used as a wrap-on tape or, when supplied in sheets, as a protectional cover.
Probably the thinnest and best product on the market
During exposure to flame or heat, NKX-6174 goes through the following stages of transformation:
- 90° C Softening
- 200° C Evolution of water, swelling
- 300° C Pyrolysis of the polymeric binders
- 800° C Formation of rigid cellular ceramics stable up to and including 1,500 C°
- Good thermal conductivity
- Good thermal insulation above 200°C
- In accordance with NEK TS 606:2016
- Acts as a ﬂame barrier
- Halogen free, no isocyanates, no boric acid, no dangerous ﬁbers.
- No corrosive gases produced when reacting
- Very low smoke emission
- Good mechanical stability
Fire barrier for protecting objects such as piping (steel/GRE), structures and walls, cables, cable trays and accessories.